Welcome to the Website of the Adamawa State Primary Health Care Development Agency.
The Adamawa State Primary Health Care Development Agency has the responsibility to develop policies strategies, guideline, plans and programmes that provide the overall direction for the Primary Health Care Service Delivery System.
To Pro-actively Provide leadership that supports the promotion and implementation of high quality and sustainable Primary Health Care Service for all rural communities, through standard resource mobilization, partnership, collaboration, development of sustainable community based financing projects and functional health facilities
As our motto implies “Assuring a healthier Adamawa people” Adamawa State will be a state of healthy people with equitable and affordable access to standard and qualitative Primary Health Care services through a system that delivers quality and integrated services with the participation of all community leaders.
WHO WE ARE
The Adamawa State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ADSPHCDA), is a parastatal of Adamawa State Ministry of Health with the mandate to:
- Providing support to the Adamawa State Health Policy for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing technical support for planning, management and implementation of Primary Health Care.
- Mobilizing resources nationally and internationally for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing support for monitoring and evaluation of the Adamawa State Health Policy.
- Promoting health manpower development needed for Primary Health Care through orientation and continuing education.
- Providing support to the Village Health System by training Village Health Workers.
- Promoting Health System Research by promoting and supporting problem-oriented health system research.
- Promoting technical collaboration by stimulating NGOs and International Agencies.
- Providing annual reports on the status of Primary Health Care implementation State-wide.
ADSPHCDA’s statement of purpose rightly captures the preferred future as “making good people of Adamawa healthy”.
WHAT WE DO
In pursuance of this overall mission, the Agency has seven corporate goals namely:
- Control Preventable Diseases.
- Improve access to Basic Health Services.
- Improve quality of care.
- Strengthen the institution.
- Develop high-performing health workforce.
- Strengthen partnerships.
- Strengthen community engagement: Promote community participation, ownership and responsibility for health through Ward Development Committees and communication and programmes.