CIB in 2015
CO-ORDINATION AND PARTNERSHIP.
The project which was funded under EU/UNICEF support program aimed at improving health seeking behavior and quality access of health services among pregnant women and children under 5 with a view to reducing maternal, neo-natal and Child mortality using CIB initiative. The project rides over UNICEF intervention in the areas of MNCH interventions and ASPHCDA integrated health system development.
GENDER AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS.
Out of the 452 trained CORPs and WDC Chairmen, 200 were women, representing 40.5% of the participants. This representation helped in creating some sense of belonging among the women CORPs and WDC Chairmen so much so that they are motivated to do more in attending to women during client consultations and counseling.
The need to address the gap being experienced by low attendance to clinic and immunization by some sections of women especially those in Purdah was discussed and the WDC chairmen mapped out plans of action to integrate such issues during community dialogue sessions.
CHALLENGES, RISKS AND MITIGATION STRATEGIES.
- Security challenges remain as serious concern in Adamawa State with the hope that the current effort at containing the situation by the present administration will open up chances for more community meetings and gatherings as a means of mobilizing and sensitizing the communities as enshrined in the training objective.
- Bad road network also worsen situation making navigation to most LGAs very hectic.
- Restriction on free movement and public gathering such as mass mobilization and sensitization meetings slow CIB implementation.
- Poor budgetary implementation by states and LGAs inhibits development programs implementation.
- Putting a formidable term of trained personalities from the agency, the traditional institution and the Non-Governmental organization in the State has brought about synergy and resource leveraging, especially the coming on board of the Representative of the traditional institutions had saved cost and infused confidence of the participants in the program.
- Media messages, Theater for development and religions sermons are identified as essential and viable tools for behavior change communications.
- Advocacy activities especially with policy makers helps to keep to the promise of achieving resource mobilization, policy implementation and political support.
Supported by UNICEF = N4,210,600