NPHCDA Support to Adamawa State
The Nigeria's National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) is responsible for designing and guiding the implementation of all Primary Healthcare activities in Nigeria.
The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), is a parastatal of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health with the mandate to:
- Providing support to the National Health Policy for the development of Primary Health Care.
- Providing technical support for planning, management and implementation of Primary Health Care.
- Mobilizing resources nationally and internationally for the development of Primary Health Care
- Providing support for monitoring and evaluation of the National Health Policy.
- Promoting health manpower development needed for Primary Health Care through orientation and continuing education.
- Providing support to the Village Health System by training Village Health Workers.
- Promoting Health System Research by promoting and supporting problem-oriented health system research.
- Promoting technical collaboration by stimulating Universities, NGOs and International Agencies.
- Providing annual reports on the status of Primary Health Care implementation nationwide.
NPHCDA’s statement of purpose rightly captures the preferred future as “making Nigerians healthy”.